Sunday, September 13, 2015

Shhhh....Just Eat, Practice Precedes Performance

If you know where I got this title from, you're actually awesome because Korean food is awesome. And its a food truck. And its in Provo. Ok, moving on...

So I also forgot to include that elephants walked over me. So scary. So fun. Too bad we forgot to take a picture while it was happening haha oh well


This past Sunday was my companion's birthday. I don't know about you, but he's feeling twenty twooo. And we also visited one of our investigators at work and she gave him the balloon flower. Which he proceeded to attach to his bike and we went inviting with the flower attached. He's legit. Gotta love it. Oh yeah.

So investigators this week. We've got a few rather interesting people. There's a group of investigators really interesting in learning English for free, but then again they live 60 km away...and speak this other language, pasay suay? soy? soi?, not sure how to spell it. But their Thai is rather limited and we had a hard time understanding them, we shall see where that goes.

Hm. Thai volleyball with your feet game. ตะกร้อ. Ta-go (takraw). Google it, its legit, i have no idea how to play it, but im bringing this game and its gonna be huge in Hawaii.


So food this week, its a continuation of interesting things just ordering the same thing as my companion. I have no idea what he orders and he's a Khon Lao. So he doesn't not have a western taste. I haven't eaten American food in quite some time. The most American I get is like toast or some oatmeal in the morning. Everything else is street vendor food. Nothing too exciting, I've begun trying each of those interesting Asian lays flavors. This week was lobster, rather amazing if I do say so myself. And then there are the fruits, oh glorious fruits. I have no idea what their names are, most of them look like lychee, some don't have a seed. Small yellowish/green skin, amazing. So sweet. Then there's the passion fruit. Khon Thais don't seem to have a tolerance for sour things. But I love it, Just eating them like...fruit. I love fruit. Oh and then there was this interesting dish. It was peppers, some fruit, and something else that made it sour. And I think some fish sauce? It was confusing. You eat and chew the fruit piece and your mouth starts to burn and then pucker up. All at the same time. Confusing. I love it


Oh and 7-11 has manapua. or char siu bao. Haven't tried them yet but everyone has said they're pretty good. One day.

Practice Precedes Performance
So I read a talk and this was the title, definitely find this talk if you can! Sorry I can't remember exactly where it is. But just think how true that statement is. Everything we do is practice for the performance. You can't just expect to go out and be perfect right away. It takes practice. It takes time, and most importantly. Patience. Patience is the key, being patient with your progress (Remember focus on the positives and improve those negatives). You can't expect to do everything perfectly. I can't expect to speak Thai at the same level as my companion. He's been in Thailand for almost two years. Iv'e studied Thai for around 3 months. Patience. Patience is always the key.

Ok and a quick scripture
"Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees."

Each of us have responsibilities and strengths. And at the same time we also have an abundance of weaknesses. We must go forth with our strengths and strengthen and lift up those in need. I mean, this is pretty straightforward. Press forward in faith, constantly doing good. Do I need to explain more?

Aloha,
Elder แลลิส
Forward Ever. Stopping Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment