Sunday, June 26, 2016

Faith overcame doubt and thousands WHERE baptized-Elder Cheney

A prime quote from Elder Cheney. You can see how the Thai language has really effected our English abilities (where/wear/were all sound the same).


​Weehaaa! 
So here's a way awesome story. These 4 guys are all from Laos and have been living in Thailand together for work. At first the missionaries had invited one of them. Then that original person had actually handed the card off to the guy on the far right. One day the elders get a random call from someone speaking broken Thai asking to learn about Jesus Christ. That was 6 months ago. There Thai language ability has improved and finally as of this past weekend, all 4 of them that live in the same room have been baptized! FIRST BAPTISM IN THIS WARD IN 5 MONTHS. Hallelujah.

But yes, life is good. Thailand is great. It's a slow grind. Having to work a bit harder and focus a lot more with the investigators that we have. Every single person has the opportunity and ability within them to really be converted, but often times they don't know where to go. Just takes a bit more patience and love. Just the way we like it.

Also for all the missionaries that will be coming to Thailand. A piece of advice: Getting stuff cut in Thailand is way cheaper than it is buying them in America. And you can do cool stuff like put flower patterned liner in the pockets.

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."

Patience+Charity=Joy

Walking down a sketchy alleyway one night trying to get home. Gotta take a pic?
Sometimes you just get lucky and the buses are free and no one is on them.

Aloha,
Elder แลลิส
Forward Ever. Stopping Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment