Friday, May 26, 2017

BKK


We got our whole zone to fly down to Bangkok together for a meeting to see Elder Cook. 22 missionaries on a plane. Good times. Even funnier is that for our trip back we bought 11 of the 21 seats on the bus!

Parties.


Went to go teach some members and an investigator, so we park our bikes on the side of the pathway. 25 minutes later as we are getting ready to leave, this thing was on my seat. I'm not too sure what it is exactly. Just a bit random to be chilling on my bike seat.

There's been a lot of stuff happening this week but honestly it just feels like everything has blended together cause I haven't emailed in like 2 weeks. Also barely took any photos so I'm not too sure what happened. Yeah we have flown back and forth a ton these past two weeks. Met a bunch of people. Taught one of the older brothers of a member, he's 20 years old. He always talks about how strong he used to be, so every time we go and teach him we start our lesson off with 25 pushups and then end the lesson with another 25. Just a little something to get the blood flowing.

It's been super rainy. Flooding and muddy. Basically means that all the shirts I have left needed to get washed as soon as I get home for the day. In this rush, I forgot to take a black pen out from my pocket and ran a load in the laundry. Lo and behold I check the washing machine 30 minutes later and the black pen exploded over two shirts (coincidentally neither of those shirts had any mud/dirt marks). The countdown for shirts is now at three, two short sleeves and one long sleeve shirt. Which is also ironic cause someone just reminded me that 3 weeks from today I'll be in Bangkok again having my last day as a missionary. HAHAHHA wow.

Yeah. I don't feel old. But then again....who knows.



"And it has been said that the most important event in life is death. We live to die and then we die to live. Death is kind of graduation day for life. It is our only means of entrance to our eternal lives. And it seems to me to be very helpful procedure to spend little time preliving our death. That is, what kind of person would you like to be when the last hour of your life arrives?
The last hour is the key hour. That is the hour that judges all of the other hours. No one can tell whether or not his life has been successful until his last hour. As Sophocles said, “We must wait till evening to know how pleasant the day has been.”"
"To Die Well" -Sterling W. Sill

Went on another companion exchange with an elder that had shared this talk with me. Yes, it is a bit old, but wow. It really summarizes how to just live and ease transitions of our life. Many times people think about their mission and stress out about their "Death Date" aka the day in which they stop being missionaries. In these final weeks this is the last hour of my two years. A great time of reflection and a time to keep on working hard until the last minute. So yes, my mission may be coming to a close soon, but that is no reason to let things go out of control. Things will still be the same, the work effort will never leave me, and the love and attributes I have developed will remain. I want to get down to those last few moments being satisfied with the things that I have done and the person I have become. 

Companion Exchanges with Elder Morris Ft. 10 baht Coke from our investigators

Also...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! Pretty sure you're somewhere in the Pacific ocean atm, but I'll see you in a few weeks so it'll be chill.


Aloha,
Elder แลลิส
Forward Ever. Stopping Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment