Sunday, May 28, 2017

Summer Swells of Stokage

The mission children with the uncle on the far right.

​Heard that the first summer swell came in. Stoked.

Went to Bangkok to See Elder Cook. SO AMAZING. SO much inspiration and guidance. Went into the meeting so prepared to learn and the more you prepare the more you get out of these meetings. I've got a ton more motivation to work until the very moments of my mission here in Thailand.

A baptism almost 4 years in the making. Mother on the left, sister on the right.


His mother used to drop off another member at the church for a year and while she brought this member she had begun to learn with the missionaries. Almost a year later from her first encounter with the church her and her daughter were both baptized. They were full of excitement and wanted to share the gospel with him, Brother Anon. He was stubborn. Learned with the missionaries for over a year, and then went off the radar. Went to a different city, lived with a relative and just got into a bunch of bad stuff. At the end of last transfer, we had an idea that we needed to find him. But we had no idea where he was. The next week he shows up to sports night with his sister, we play some basketball, and then invite him to church. He comes, and we ask him when he wants to get baptized. He takes a date for the end of the month and yeah. Comes to church, keeps commitments, and passes his interview.


Jacob 5:75
"And it came to pass that when the Lord of the vineyard saw that his fruit was good, and that his vineyard was no more corrupt, he called up his servants, and said unto them: Behold, for this last time have we nourished my vineyard; and thou beholdest that I have done according to my will; and I have preserved the natural fruit, that it is good, even like as it was in the beginning. And blessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the natural fruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is cast away, behold ye shall have joy with me because of the fruit of my vineyard."

When we went to the conference in Bangkok, had the opportunity to meet with a bunch of members and friends. So full of joy seeing people that I haven't seen in a long time. So full of joy cause these are lives being changed for the better. It's such a real work with a great reward of joy and happiness.

It's the end of the month.

Aloha,
Elder แลลิส
Forward Ever. Stopping Never.




No comments:

Post a Comment