Monday, May 8, 2017

Trackers.

"When you confirm to go to church but you don't show up. We go and find you."

Another one of those weird weeks because I had just emailed on Wednesday. So really there was only 4 days since the last time that I had emailed.

Elder Rawlinson is out, coming in to replace him is this awesome guy. Elder Dugquem is way young...ish. Don't have pics this week because I forgot to charge the camera. So these will have to do.

On Thursday had a companion exchange and I gotta to interview an investigator that I had met while I was in Samut Prakan over a year ago. He's come a long way, and although missionaries haven't always kept in contact with him, he never gave up reading or praying. There is a plan and the door will be opened for these people.

"Give me a sec. Gotta ponder on how to approach this."


Not much to write this week. Pretty amazing opportunity to be serving with Elder Dugquem. He's a convert, similar story to my first companion Elder Sayavong. I love serving with converts, their testimony is so strong and it really gets to our investigators.

We've got amazing potential coming up for Udon. But also because we both are a little OCD when it comes to planning ahead, we have planned every switchoff and meeting/conference that we have to plan. Turns out our days in our area our limited. That doesn't mean that the miracles will stop. Miracles will never stop, because our faith will never be out. 

This past Saturday, had a sports night activity. We've been working with some youth to get the basketball court pumping on Saturday night. We finish our meetings and then go outside STOKED to play sports and just see this girl and a guy she brought...So we were like, chill. Go and start playing with them and the guy is looking a bit rough but he's way nice and pretty good at basketball. We joke around and play some, then invite him to church and he says "Yeah probably." Sunday, he shows up to church with his sister. Turns out this was the former investigator that Elder Rawlinson and me have been tracking down. He's way chill and is just loving church. We joke around and then his sister asks him "When are you gonna get baptized?" He laughs, then I ask him straight up "Do you want to get baptized soon?" His answer was money. He said, "Elders, a year ago my mom forced me to come to church every week. Today I came on my own without anyone telling me to get ready. I wouldn't be coming to church if I didn't want to change my life and get baptized."

So yeah. We can help him out.

"I call them on the phone and then he listens to see if he can hear the phone ringing. We could."


“It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. … If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers”-Gordon B. Hinckley

The stoke has never stopped. So many blessings, from working in some of the most amazing areas to being with the best companions in the world. I know everything will work out. Whatever happens. Wherever you are. Whenever it goes down. It will work out.

Prayer and Patience.

Aloha,
Elder แลลิส
Forward Ever. Stopping Never.


No comments:

Post a Comment