Thursday, May 4, 2017

Winding down.

Some members asked if we were free on Monday to help them. So we said yeah. They told us they just needed help planting bananas. We assumed it literally meant just planting some little plants, in the shade. Nothing too hot....Well that wasn't what happened.
The sister missionaries that came planted some bananas. We dug around 60 holes around 2 x 1 ft and around 2 ft deep. We worked for two hours in the sun and our hands were pretty wrecked. So as I type this email I try not to screech in pain because of all the blisters, both popped and unpopped that cover my hands. But it was totally worth the experience. I'll get some of the pics from Elder Rawlinson up later.​
​Yeah. After two hours in the sun we had to rush back from the middle of nowhere 30kms outside of the city back into the city to keep on teaching.
​She's actually a referral from another investigator. The other guy pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth but she stuck around. Sis Mimi is pretty chill. She's also Vietnamese. But speaks Thai! The guy baptizing her has been a member for only like 5 months, and literally the day after he baptized Sis Mimi he had to go into army basic training. So accepting and willing to act upon all the commandments that we teach her. What's up. Miracles are still happening everywhere.

Studying in the bible, finally finished the New Testament. Found some way amazing things from Thessalonians. As I look and understand the New Testament more, many of these books are the apostles letters back to those people that they love the most. Their converts and the people that they helped learn about the gospel.


"So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us...But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your face with great desire...For ye are our glory and joy."

Looking back on my mission. I've seen miracles every day, seeing these people literally change their lives and come unto Christ. It has been an amazing blessing and I wouldn't trade in my time here for anything. Time is running out, I've got a few more weeks left. It's gonna be so much fun and so much hard work. I literally do the things I do and work with all my heart, might, mind, and strength because of all the lives that we have helped change. I love these people, this is literally my joy seeing these people who have converted unto the love of God.

Dude. 6 weeks.

Aloha,
Elder แลลิส
Forward Ever. Stopping Never.


No comments:

Post a Comment